By: Michelle Schaefer
10. I played soccer for 4 years at Fort Atkinson High School, and I played tennis my senior year of high school. But I am a huge baseball and Milwaukee Brewers fan. I played softball In a summer league when I was in middle school and later in life in an adult co-ed league.
9. My favorite TV shows include crime shows like Psych, Murder She Wrote, Hawaii 5-0 (current), Magnum P.I. (current), NCIS LA, some reality shoes like Survivor and Big Brother, and some oddities like King of the Hill and the Royals.
8. I played the clarinet in middle school, and switched to flags for marching band in high school. But I always wished I would have learned the violin and percussion.
7. I love to travel, having visited nearly two dozen states and Mexico so far. Eventually I would like to visit New Zealand, France, and Greece.
6. Volunteering is important to me, and over the years I have had opportunities to serve as a candy striper at a hospital gift shop, as an elementary school soccer coach, and with the humane society, EAA, and Habitat for Humanity.
5. We are a martial arts family! My brother opened Karate America in Neenah, my son is a 4th degree black belt, and both of my daughters earned their black belt. I have made it to my blue belt, but have been stalled by injuries for now. Someday I hope to earn my black belt too!
4. Fall is my favorite season, and why not, with sweatshirt weather, no bugs or mosquitoes, and being in nature with the color and falling leaves to kick or crunch as you walk.
3. I LOVE tacos; I could eat them every day! My favorite is El Pastor Tacos. But at home I make chicken or beef, and I found a good snack size, low carb tortilla.
2, I am infatuated with big cats. I have a tattoo on my shoulder of a tiger head (symbolizing curiosity, adventure, and independence) in the shape of a butterfly (symbolizing transformation and development).
1. I have known my best friend Carrie for over 30 years! We are family, even though we didn’t meet until after high school, and we have been inseparable since. She was my maid of honor; I was in the delivery room with one of her children. When the kids were younger we would do all the holidays, birthdays and outings. Now that our children are older, we mamas get vacation time. We are already planning for our Golden Girls future!